[Coco] DW4 Turbo 230kb mode was : Eureka!

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Thu Sep 19 21:30:43 EDT 2013

All this discussion has really put me off from ever wanting to try OS9 or
NitrOS9.

It seems to me that NitrOS9 needs some major work to make it easier for new
people to use. Like having a directory where you drop a driver file into,
reboot, and your device is detected and works.

All this compiling and re-building is for Geeks, Until one can download a
generic image that supports the base Coco hardware, add drivers for your
add-on devices, reboot and have them work... NitrOS9 will have barriers to
entry too high for the common Coco user.

I am far from a beginner, but I don't want to mess with all of that stuff.

Computers are meant to make my life easier, not to make it more difficult.
I've always written software so the computer does the heavy lifting, not the
user.

I can see I'll be giving NitrOS9 a pass.

-[ Al ]-