[Coco] RS232 Pak needed

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 19:58:12 EDT 2013

we use DW through the parallel on dragon. we just need an inverter.

On 2013-09-19, at 7:54 PM, Al Hartman <alhartman6 at optonline.net> wrote:

There are no equivalent chips?

There's no way to implement a Serial Interface on a Coco without a 6551?

Why not then make a Parallel Interface? Laplink on the PC worked over bi-directional Parallel Ports.

Why not simply make a Parallel Port adapter, and then use a USB to Parallel adapter on the Server end, and re-write Drivewire to also use a Parallel port if available and chosen by the user?

A Dragon already has a Parallel Port, is it bi-directional?

-[ Al ]-

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Blake

6551's are getting pretty difficult to come by.  I did quite a bit of
testing of different 6551's for Roger a few years ago and had to scour the