[Coco] Eureka! I'm Running My Coco 3 with Drivewire 4 Server Finally! or I Found a Bug in HDBDOS v1.4 DW4 Coco 3!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 22:18:31 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Kip Koon <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:

> You ask why don't you run HDB-DOS DW4 Coco 3 in your Coco 3?  Well I'm glad
> you asked that question because I think Bill Gordon and I have found a bug
> in HDB-DOS v1.4 DW4 Coco 3!  He nor I can't connect to DW4 Server at all
> with the DW4 driver in HDB-DOS v1.4!  HDB-DOS v1.4 DW3 Coco 3 connects to
> DW4 server perfectly, but HDB-DOS v1.4 DW4 Coco 3 does not! Would one or
> more people who can verify this please try to verify this and let us all
> know your findings?

I might be forgetting something, but I am not sure why there would be
any difference in the DOS side for DW3 or DW4, or why a rom labeled
"DW4" exists at all.  The DriveWire 4 server was written to work with
the DW3 ROM, as this is the only ROM the author had and the thing
called "DW4 Server" was not intended to be a new version of the
DriveWire server at all when it was first written :)

Is the "DW4" rom maybe a version of Darren Atkinson's 230k speed
build?  If so, it would require a special cable and need special
settings on the server side to work.  Otherwise I am not aware of a
reason for a ROM labeled "DW4", although I still may be forgetting
something.