[Coco] MPIs & Cartridges With Solder/Tin Contacts Can Now Be fixed With A Gold Contact Plug Upgrade!

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Mon Sep 16 11:35:16 EDT 2013

> You can also apply a bit of Stabilant 50 to the edge connector. It will
> keep
> the fingers from oxidizing over time. Jerry Pournelle, who wrote for Byte
> Magazine swears by it.

He used to write SciFi and often talked in his columns about the people
who came over to actually install or fix any of the computers he used
to write his books. (Like Dr. Godbout!!  Anybody remember him?)  Having
read Byte (and his column) for many years, I never considered him to be
tech savvy.

bill