[Coco] Links For Gold Connector for MPIs & Cartridges

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Sep 16 04:45:51 EDT 2013

Hi Guys!

As promised here are links for several pictures of the connector by itself
and installed on a Tandy Color Computer Disk Drive Controller FD-500:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4ip8pzbu4pgyup/Pic_0916_195.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a87re2ewhi34q2c/Pic_0916_196.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfpdg32397cuh17/Pic_0916_197.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8al20k95zfyka5m/Pic_0916_198.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28nwxgl5plviuh6/Pic_0916_199.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ym1fun5bir72uw/Pic_0916_200.jpg

The first 4 pictures are various views of the connector installed on the
FD-500 controller and the last 2 pictures are of the connector by itself.  I
tried to get a good close up of the connector from two different angles, but
they are fuzzy, one more than the other.  I hope you can basically tell what
I’m trying to illustrate here.  It sticks out about ¼” to 3/8” of an inch
further, but considering how far the cartridges insert into the Coco slot
and the MPI slots, it should be OK.  When I get it soldered, I’ll let you
guys know the results.  Yes, reliability problems will hopefully become a
thing of the past!  Take care my friends.

Kip