[Coco] miniFLASH product

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 10 15:18:49 EDT 2013

Moved to a different thread.......

Al,

This product will be a direct copy from the sIDE hardware. Might add the ability to do 2- 32K ROMs....

The sIDE was released in 2004.

I was going to make a separate product call FLASHpak. Have that in prototype form, would save 600+ paks on a single pak.

Decided to integrate that in to the SuperSD design. These ROMS will be loaded at boot time. Have this working already, can load a 8K file in ~12mS.

The SuperSD will also have a USB2.0 COM port on it that will run at the CoCo's full bandwidth, RAW speeds obtained have been ~100K-110K BYTES per second.

The miniFLASH product will offer a much lower entry point, target is ~$40.

Not all want the power tools, that is fine by me as well. I sold my last separate disk controllers this past weekend that normally contain HDB-DOS boot ROMs. So I needed a solution as well.

Nothing earth shattering or great here, just a slimmed down FLASHpak.

Will let you know when it is ready for release.

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com