[Coco] Regarding a cheap floppy emulator

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Mon Sep 9 21:54:53 EDT 2013

I wrote software to use my Raspberry Pi as a disk drive for the Commodore 64, and I use it completely headless. There's no monitor or keyboard connected (except when things go terribly terribly wrong). I have wifi on it so I don't even need to plug in ethernet. I just ssh into it when I need to do things. I'm also able to use it for a disk drive for the Atari 800 in the same way.

I plan to eventually box it up and put it in a case about the size of a disk drive. Right now I just have it mounted to a piece of plywood. There's an aluminum bracket that I mounted the power switch and some D-sub connectors to for I/O. I'm working on making it into a peripheral that can do services for all of my retro computers.