[Coco] Dragon snapshots now patched

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 23:54:46 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've patched the keyboard for the games that do use it.

https://sites.google.com/site/tandycocoloco/dropbox/snapshot.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Since all games use either LDA #$FF00, LDB #$FF00, CMPA #$FF00 or CMPB
#$FF00 i made entry points for them and just replace manually the 3-byte
instruction for a JSR addr on the memory snapshots. It can't be made by the
loader cause I would have false positives for between instructions and also
fro graphics/sounds.

It works for these games, but for games that are very time accurate like
DragonFire it wouldn't work since extra cycles are added.

Well I think all games in the pak are playable in a coco1/2. They work on
coco3 but the game Back Track uses semigraphics for menus, so you will have
a strange menu screen. But the game is still playable.

Makefile is more complex now to embed the patch in the middle.

--
Long live the CoCo