[Coco] Gene's Web Page

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Sep 8 14:42:29 EDT 2013

On Sunday 08 September 2013 14:37:18 Torfinn Ingolfsen did opine:

> On 09/02/2013 23:19, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I am getting tired of this crap, they offer you two free domain names,
> > but then the pester you to death with renewal threats, buy it at X
> > bucks a year to stop the messages.
>
> Well, you should read those messages once in a while.
> The new kink in using DynDNS is that you have to do  a login (manually)
> at least once a month to keep the update client (I use ddclient[1])
> working. I'm not to happy with this change, but I can live with it.
>
> If the hostname has "expired", simply login and create it, and the
> update client will start working again.
> HTH

The last time that happened, some squatter grabbed it within the hour &
wanted $500 to release it.  I don't know if my reply got to him, but it
sure burned up a lot of copper getting there.  He has now gotten off it,
letting his own claim expire, so if I can get my card thru the processing,
it will be back as the link in the sig, which is where it started out 6 or
7 years ago.  That I'll go sort in the morning as I consider declining a
debit card with a 5 digit balance behind it as being 'very poor form'.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

It occurred to me lately that nothing has occurred to me lately.
         law-abiding citizens.