[Coco] VCC 1.43b / DW4 issues

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Sep 6 09:44:33 EDT 2013

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> I've launched VCC 1.43b with  HDB DOS rom.
> When I start VCC, HDB DOS 1.4 Becker Coco 3 is displayed,
> but the OK prompt never appears.
>

> I've downloaded DW4 4.3.3o, run the simple config wizard, and selected
> emulator/TCP/IP.
>
> When I click finish, the dialog will not go away, nothing else happens.
>
> Has anyone else had these problems?

Assuming you have correctly selected the HDBDOS ROM for VCC, then there is a
problem with the TCP connection. I can only report what works with WinXP where
the port value is 65504 as indicated by the Config Wizard.

The Config menu reports that COM1 was used with no parity, 115200 serial rate,
and 1 stop bit. DW4 works perfectly and there is an OK prompt.

Robert