[Coco] Exclusive Dragon32 games running on my coco :)

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Thu Sep 5 11:12:03 EDT 2013

"Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus)" wrote:

> If you know the dragon32 you will now it has hundred of exclusive games
> that wont run on a coco1/2. So I decided to start my Dragon32 Snapshot
> Program (TM)
>
> http://youtu.be/p59rt9sPfWs
>
> Using the M.E.S.S. emulator I can create a snapshot of the very first
> instruction being executed after the cassette finishes to load. Then I
> export this snapshot (48K) and using my special loader mix in ML and Basic
> I can load the entire snapshot to RAM and make the coco behave just like
> it was a Dragon32 and the game RUNS! :D.

If you don't modify the code (maybe this is what your routines are
doing?), you'll hit problems first with differing ROM calls, then with
the keyboard matrix being different.  Neither takes much time to get a
game running, but it's a bit tricky to know for sure you've got all the
instances without playing a game all the way through!

Here's a few I did a while back by request:

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/coco_ports/

..ciaran