[Coco] coco printers

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Sep 3 23:55:53 EDT 2013

On Sep 3, 2013, at 17:26 , Rogelio Perea <os9dude at gmail.com> wrote:
> While not CoCo friendly out of the box the Panasonic KX-P1180 and 1124 work
> very nice with the CoCo provided a serial to parallel converter (like the
> Blue Streak Ultima and Botek interfaces). Ribbons for both printers can
> still be purchased - Amazon has several vendors. I have the 1180 and the
> thing is still running as it did 30 years ago, clean it up and oil it with
> due dilligence :-)

There's also the old Star Micronics Gemini 10X printer, which works well with the CoCo using a parallel converter. That's what I used with mine back in the 80's, and I recently picked up a replacement for my long-lost 10X on eBay. They use plain old reel-to-reel typewriter ribbons, and they seem to be common on eBay.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/