[Coco] So, does anyone know where to get disk drives?

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Tue Sep 3 19:55:48 EDT 2013

I would check with Art Flexser to see if he still offers ADOS. I believe
that not only does ADOS allow you to easily set parameters for each drive,
it should let you tell a drive to skip tracks so you can read a 40 track
disk in an 80 track drive.

But, I would never write to a 40 track disk in an 80-track drive. I would
copy the disk to a blank, bulk erased floppy and write to that. You want
there to be no remains of the wider 48tpi track on the disk.

I just kept my 40 and 80 track drives to the media and disks they were meant
for. Less hassle that way.

I think Cloud 9 still has floppy drives. I recently picked up a bunch of
bare drives on eBay. Finding cases is a bear, however.

Power supplies are easy. You can find the units used with those USB to IDE
cables with the 4 pin connector for under $10.00 from surplus sites. I've
misplaced the link, let me know if you need it and I'll get it from my
friend.

Al