[Coco] So, does anyone know where to get disk drives?

Christopher Smith csmith at wolfram.com
Tue Sep 3 19:28:19 EDT 2013

Hey Joel,

Now that I think of it, how would this work from RSDOS?  The drives would be operating at 300RPM, but unless the media selector were in the correct state, they would still think they had a high track count, right?  ... so that RSDOS would write tracks too close together to work with disks made on other CoCo drives?  I suppose one could do something either in hardware or software to hit the density selector and set it appropriately.  Do they also have a jumper for this?  Wiring a switch into that would be an easy solution.

Chris