[Coco] Gene's Web Page

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Sep 2 17:19:44 EDT 2013

On Monday 02 September 2013 16:59:15 Ed Orbea did opine:

> Is Gene's page down? When I try to access it,I get a message that says
> the server is not responding. I've check my DNS configuration (against
> a backup copy of my system) an no changes.
> The URL I'm trying to access is:
> http://coyoteden.dyndns-free.com:85/gene
>
> Thanks

Its up here Ed, but I don't go out on the net to see it here.  That leaves
dyndns.  And something has happened that makes the auto refresh at DynDNS
fail, so that name is now expired.

I am getting tired of this crap, they offer you two free domain names, but
then the pester you to death with renewal threats, buy it at X bucks a year
to stop the messages.

So all over you should grab a magic marker and write down on the wall, my
ip address, which has not changed now in about 3 years.  Its 204.111.64.149
but you will still need to append the :85/gene to that.

I did have that in my sig, but too many spam filters will block a hard
address.  I hope this comes thru.

I will get another domain name, registered and paid for eventually, but it
damned sure will not be through DynDNS.  I'll change my sig when I do.