[Coco] Building NITROS9

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 09:15:15 EDT 2013

On Oct 28, 2013 9:10 AM, "Robert Gault" <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

> Bill Pierce wrote:
>>

>> Aaron, I trid the new installer a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work
for me either. Nothing seems to get installed but the installer no matter
what I do. I had to revert back to the old installer.
>> The one I'm using is mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe
>>
>> Bill Pierce
>

> Here is what is on my WinXP system: msys 1.0.10, mingw 5.1.6, mingw-get
0.5B-20120426-1. Since I also build MESS, I've got mingw64-w32 installed.
That may or may not impact building NitrOS-9.

> Msys uses msys/1.0/etc/fstab to indicate where mingw is located. Mine
(fstab) points to the version of mingw I use for NitrOS-9 not the one I use
for MESS.
> The mingw package includes mingw32-gcc-4.6.2.exe .
> Msys also includes the directory 1.0/local/bin in which you must include
the appropriate tools to build NitrOS-9. That used to be mamou.exe,
rma.exe, and rlink.exe. Since NitrOS-9 now uses the lwtools package, you
will need lwar.exe, lwasm.exe, lwlink.exe, and maybe lwobjdump.exe .

If you build these with make, make install while in the Msys shell, they
will end up in the path automagically . at least, they did last time I
built them.... Things may have changed.