[Coco] Building NITROS9

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Oct 28 09:02:42 EDT 2013

Bill Pierce wrote:

> Aaron, I trid the new installer a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work for me either. Nothing seems to get installed but the installer no matter what I do. I had to revert back to the old installer.
> The one I'm using is mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe
>
> Bill Pierce

Here is what is on my WinXP system: msys 1.0.10, mingw 5.1.6, mingw-get
0.5B-20120426-1. Since I also build MESS, I've got mingw64-w32 installed. That
may or may not impact building NitrOS-9.

Msys uses msys/1.0/etc/fstab to indicate where mingw is located. Mine (fstab)
points to the version of mingw I use for NitrOS-9 not the one I use for MESS.
The mingw package includes mingw32-gcc-4.6.2.exe .
Msys also includes the directory 1.0/local/bin in which you must include the
appropriate tools to build NitrOS-9. That used to be mamou.exe, rma.exe, and
rlink.exe. Since NitrOS-9 now uses the lwtools package, you will need lwar.exe,
lwasm.exe, lwlink.exe, and maybe lwobjdump.exe .

Robert