[Coco] CoCo Cassette Relay (Remote)

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 20:31:39 EDT 2013

I was testing the functions on a newly acquired CoCo 2 and everything seemed
flawless until I got to testing the Cassette operations.  It does pass audio
in/out but the Remote on/off (i.e. MOTOR ON/OFF etc) does not function.  I
do hear the relay clicking and can see the contacts dip under the clear top
of the relay.  I moved the cable back to another CoCo 2 and  everything's
fine.  It's definitely in this new CoCo 2.  I suspect dirty contacts in the
relay.  Is there a way to make sure?  If it is the relay, what kind can I
replace it with?

Thanks for any  "input".