[Coco] Nitros9 boot fails with HDB DOS in rompak

Ken H. dragon.atv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:02:22 EDT 2013

Charlie ,
When a Pak connects the cartridge port lines Q (#7) and CART (#8) , the Pak
will auto start.
You need to verify that these lines are connected.

If you turn the rom pak upside down, the CART track would be the fourth
from the left (out of 20 tracks in each side).
The first three tracks are missing on some rom paks, so usually the first
track will be the CART track.

The Q track is in the same position in the opposite (top) side of the rom
pak.

When I had this problem, HDBDOS seemed to boot OK, but the WIDTH command
was not recognized (i.e. WIDTH 40 caused a syntax error), and NitrOS9 would
not boot.