[Coco] CocoNet ROM on eBay

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 07:28:40 EDT 2013

------------------------------
www.tandycoco.com
www.tandycoco.com/forum
On Oct 8, 2013 8:15 PM, "Frank Pittel" <fwp at deepthought.com> wrote:

> I thought the big selling point Roger made was that coconet was wireless
and initially was faster then drivewire.

Thru serial bitbanger the speed was comperable to DW in non-turbo mode.

However, the devices that used a 6551 were slower, tho CoCoNet 1.27 made
great strides at catching up, it all wasn't quite there.

CoCoNet did offer the ability to be able to access real floppy hardware,
disk images on a pc, online disk images, and disk images stored on the
DrivePack; all at the same time.

It needed a lot of work to be more user friendly, tho.

> With my Coco setup only a few feet from the drivewire server so the
wireless feature never mattered to me so I
> never bothered getting one. Since I had a superide with drivewire eeprom
in the flash I had no need.

> For the record I never used coconet and have never seen it used. As a
result I have no oprinion of it either good
> or bad.
>
> The Other Frank
>

> On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 12:28:33PM -0400, Bill wrote:
> > Well, if DriveWire is superior, why bother?
> >
> > Thanks

On