[Coco] Now using VCC as well as MESS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Oct 7 17:51:12 EDT 2013

Wayne, your missing the point.
hdbdwbc3.rom just gives you a rom with becker support so you CAN boot nitros9. read the email I just sent. It' not automatic... you don't just get a magical port that never existed in the Coco without telling the system where it is.
If you put the becker disk in drive0 (floppy) it may boot (i don't think so).... but that's it.
for dw4 access, it must be in dw slot0 to boot.... how does vcc even know about slot 0...... HDBDOS

insert hdbdwbc3.rom in "external disk rom image" (fd-502 config)
check "External rom image" at the top.
Apply

Configuration/config/bitbanger
check "enable becker interface"
IP= 127.0.0.1
TCP = 65504
Apply

put the nos96309L2v030209coco3_becker.dsk (from the repo) in slot 0 of DW4

hit "F9" twice in VCC (cold start needed to start hdbdos)

at the prompt type "DOS"

you should now be in nitros9 and have 3 floppy drivers /d0 - /d2
and 4 vhd drivers /dd, /x1, /x2, and /x3  (/x0 is /dd)

insert disks and go... but leave the bootdisk in slot 0 as that's where your cmds are.
vcc's built-in HD is disabled.

/dd = dw4 slot 0 (cmds and system)
/x1 = dw4 slot 1
/x2 = dw4 slot 2