[Coco] Dumping a JDOS 1.11 ROM

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Oct 6 22:19:12 EDT 2013

On Oct 6, 2013, at 19:04 , "Kip Koon" <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:
> The toolshed command "decb" has sub-commands like dskini, dir, copy commands
> among others.  Just run decb by itself for a list of the sub-commands and
> then "decb <sub-command>" like "decb dir" for a usage of that sub-command.
> I use os9 and decb a lot.  They both work great!  Don't forget to use the
> "," immediately after .dsk images so the command and sub-command knows that
> file reference is a disk image and not a reference to a regular file.

I just used decb to do the job right before I read your email. Yup, I found out about the comma, then went looking for the manual and figured out what to do. I saw that the file was 8202 bytes instead of 8192, so I used a little basic program to look at the beginning and end of the JDOS ROM to figure out what I needed to trim from the file to get rid of the header and EOF blocks.

So, now I have the JDOS 1.11 ROM dumped in both raw binary and Intel hex formats.

Thanks for the help, everybody!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/