[Coco] C compiler crashes VCC with Nitros9

Walter ZAMBOTTI zambotti at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 4 02:27:46 EDT 2013

Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at ...> writes:

> OK, First of all, that nitros9.vhd did NOT come from the link you
provided as there NO vhd files being built in
> the Nitros9 repo and emudsk for Vcc is in no Nitros9 build currently
being compiled. So this VHD came from
> somewhere else. It looks like the one that was being provided with the
old Vcc download.
> I have the one from that archive so I tried exactly what you did and it
crased Vcc 1.4.2 just as you said.

> Now, I then loaded a Nitros9 3.2.9 VHD that I have and copied the same
CC files over. Ran fine

> Switch to nitros9 3.2.9
>
> Bill Pierce

Thanks Bill for the response.

Right with ya Bill. I assumed the nitros09.vhd would have been the same
version as the rest of the distro and I only noticed it was the 3.2.8
version because I was paying attention to the boot messages.

So yeah don't know why they have placed the 3.2.8.vhd in the 3.2.9 zip
file but it is definitely in there!  Maybe it should be replaced!!!

Where did you find the 3.2.9.vhd or did you build it yourself?

Is there is guide for creating a .vhd &/| .dsk?

Regards

Walter

(P.s. it's nice to see a coco community still exists)