[Coco] Cable, software, etc. needed for an RS-232 Dual Comm Pak from Ken-ton Electronics

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Nov 21 09:46:26 EST 2013

Kip Koon wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I need the cable, schematics, and software for the RS-232 Dual Comm Pak made
> by Ken-ton Electronics, Inc.  I figured the dual RS-232 ports were the
> standard 9-pin variety.  It is instead a 50 contact card edge connector, so
> I would like to know if there is anyone one on this list who has one of
> these paks that may have and would share the schematics of the pak and cable
> with me.  It also have a 28-pin socket that holds a rom, so would it be
> 2764/27128 compatible?  I would really appreciate very much any help anyone
> can give.  Thank you in advance.
> Take care my friends.
>
> Kip

Can't point to any data but there must have been specs in the owner's manual. To
that end, I've found this url.
http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/KEN-TON%20ELECTRONICS/RS232

Maybe you can get specs for the cable or the owner's manual from the above.

On the other hand, probably the pin out is related to that of the Tandy RS-232
pak which has:
Pin number   Signal
1             frame ground
2             transmit data
3             receive data
4             request to send
5             clear to send
6             data set ready
7             signal to ground
8             carrier detect
20            data terminal ready

Since the Ken-Ton is a dual unit, the above might be duplicated on another set
of wires.