[Coco] Somewhat OT: The life of a systems programmer

John Donaldson johnab8yz at verizon.net
Mon Nov 18 10:59:57 EST 2013

FORTRAN used to be the Engineering language, then C came along. If you
look at almost any micro out there, like
the micro that is in the LEGO Mindstorm Robots or micro-controls of
various forms, they all or either programed in a C
type language or Assembly. The next best language is C#.  BTW, I once
had a copy of FORTRAN 77 that I got running on a
COCO1 machine under OS9 Level I. I was working at NASA/JSC in Houston
and we bought some Southwest
6809 machines running Microware OS9. Each of them came with Assembly and
FORTRAN77.  I have no beef with COBOL.
My departed sister was a wiz at it.

John
AB8YZ

I started in computers back when we had 4 bit CPU's and desktops were
LSI-11's or PDP-11's.