[Coco] CGP-220 & CGP-115 hardware problems

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 11:03:09 EST 2013

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 14:29:20 -0500 (EST), Mathieu Bouchard
<matju at artengine.ca> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>Hi, I have the following problems with CoCo printers. Any hints about
>repair & troubleshooting are welcome.
>
>CGP-220 :
>
>   1. I'm trying to get the colour cartridge to work (the black is dead).
>   Ink is able to get out from the cartridge when I touch the CMY holes,
>   but the printer is unable to pump it. The rest of the behaviour of the
>   printer seems normal, but I didn't try to plug the CoCo in it yet, I
>   just would like the CMY bars to work first.

Sound's like it needs more priming, with the printer cover off you
should see ink flowing through the tubes when you press down on the
pump.  If there is no black cart installed, it'll pump air.

--

Stephen

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.