[Coco] Paper for TP-10 Printer

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Nov 5 19:02:18 EST 2013

I have a TP-10 thermal printer that came along with some other gear. It works, but the remaining paper in it is damaged by age and heat, and it uses an uncommon width of paper. I'm wondering whether it might be practical to get some fax machine paper and cut it down to the right width for this little printer. Have any of y'all tried that successfully? My first impulse is to try cutting a roll with my power miter saw. Hopefully it will leave a clean enough edge, and hopefully it won't heat up the edge too much and cause too much blackening of the paper edge. Maybe wrapping some tape around the cut location before cutting will help limit shredding of the paper?

This printer is pretty useless without an inexpensive source of paper, but it could be handy if I can feed it.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/