[Coco] ack!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:06:59 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org> wrote:
> OK, for the first time ever I'm up against (nitr)OS-9's os9boot size
> limits.  I now have some sympathy for everyone else who's ever had
> that problem.
>
> But really who would have thought that the rs232 pak driver would be
> almost 1.5K?
>
> ;-)

Depending on your application, you might find the 'headless' nitros9
disks helpful.
These put /TERM on a DW channel that you can telnet to, so you don't
have to load any of the coco console I/O modules.  It frees up so much
ram in the system page that during initial testing we triggered a
previously unknown OS9 bug that only occurs when the boot is so tiny
(which has since been fixed).

-Aaron