[Coco] Just learning OS-9 - Questions

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Tue May 28 07:50:30 EDT 2013

When it comes to boot disk creation, I always used config. I never learned it under level 1 because I had a coco2 for less than a year and when I got it a friend helped me make a boot disk separate from the master (but the same as far as the boot file was concerned.

I got a Tandy 2000 that I took the 2 360k floppies and the 20 meg hd from for use with my coco3. I used the hd for storing the files on all the disks. From then on I used config to make custom boots.

By the time I came back to os9 I couldn't remember how to make a boot disk. Aaron Wolfe helped me get set up again and I have not tried to make another boot floppy for lack of need.

Wayne