[Coco] TRS-80 X-Pad

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri May 24 19:12:51 EDT 2013

Willard,
I got the x-pad complete with manual and demo tape. From reading the manual, it seems pretty simple. The x-y is a given (0-255 x 0-191), it's the pen status that gets complicated. It seems to be magnetics or something since it can sense the pen "near" the board, then pressing down registers "pen down". The menu areas are what's going to be interesting. It gives you menus with free screen space :-)
I figure in Level 2 hi-res I could use the tricks used on the old joysticks. Just use the arrow keys for fine control, or maybe a control key while moving the pen...

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com