[Coco] TRS-80 X-Pad

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri May 24 18:59:19 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 04:37:32PM -0400, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Thanks for the info Willard, that's just the stuff I was looking
> for. Luckily, I have an old grey MPI with the pal fix so I should be
> able to use it with the Coco 3. I just have to remember to slow
> everything down for port access.

Yeah, pre-Drivewire the MPI was pretty much required for a serious
OS-9 machine... I also have the old-style MPI but mine is white.

Be sure you get the xpad docs.  The status register is complex. (At
least it was more than I could figure out just watching the numbers!)

If you need it I have a .dsk with the "demo" BASIC program that came
with it, and/or the BASIC I wrote dealing with the xpad.

>I'd love to do a NitrOS-9 version of something similar to CocoMax 2
> with X-Pad support. I'm already working on a graphics program for
> level 2.

That would be pretty cool.  I don't think anybody's done a new drawing
program since MVCanvas and MAX9 were released.

>I recieved the last package today from the previous owner (4 boxes in

Awesome!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA