[Coco] I tried

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 13:57:38 EDT 2013

I got my first one pure white on a thrifty store for 19.99! I even twitted
his pic the day it came:

pic.twitter.com/dZ5TEk91 <http://t.co/dZ5TEk91>

It worked for less than a day then it blew the tension regulator ic. I
replaced it and it works fine now. The second one was a yellowish that got
locally on kijiji for 40 bucks. Together came a useless koala pad and a
deluxe joystick. For my surprise it has a disto-512KB expansion on it.
Great deal :) now I need to retr0bright it. Waiting for sunny days here up
north.

Last week i got for free a coco2 with a fd-500 controller and disk. The
only thing the guy installed a fan on both and has a hole on both cases but
they work fine for free I cannot complain :)

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Michael Graham <mkgraham at gmx.com> wrote:

> I always forget how expensive CoCo 3s generally are.  I managed to get
> mine for $30 on eBay, if I remember correctly, but that's because it looked
> yellowed and trashed.  I got really lucky with it though, as when it
> arrived, I discovered a functional 512k RAM upgrade inside!  I took it
> apart and re-seated the upgrade, then de-yellowed the case with a
> Retr0brite solution, and it's been doing great ever since.
>
> On 05/24/2013 09:57 AM, Bill Gordon wrote:
>
>> Well I posted a message some time ago about needing a machine, but got no
>> price range (I only have $25 that I could spare).

Long live the CoCo