[Coco] Coco 1 & 2 differences

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu May 23 21:01:26 EDT 2013

Luis, I would love a copy of your "patched" CoHR. Also the codes to use the new ones you patched in.
I ran a Coco  2 for many years before I could afford a Coco 3. I had to rob a chip from my 2 to fix my 3 after about a year of owning the 3 so that ended my Coco 2 days. I just aquired this Coco 1 and I know there's a few differences, but don't know how much difference in hardware calls. It has ECB 1.0 and I'd love to know if the later versions will work. If so, I want to upgrade the CB & ECB chips. I also need to get HDBDOS burned for a controller so it will boot into HDBDOS for DW. I have several extra disk controllers. I need to do this to my Coco 3 as well.
Right now my Coco 1 is set up with only a serial to DB9 going to the PC and a cassette cable going to the PC's headphone jack to load HDBDOS. It's reall a pain to CLOADM"HDBDOS" and have to run DosBox on my PC for "Casout.exe" just to boot up. My Coco 3 boots HDBDOS from a real floppy and sometimes I may have to try 4 or 5 times before it reads the floppy. The disks are becoming unreliable. A rom would eliminate this. No drives, just a controller pak with the HDBDOS rom.
I currently run on of my Cocos on DW with VCC w/becker port running in another instance of DW. As soon as I get another USB2DB9 converter, I'll be running all 3. And soon, I hope to be adding a 2nd Coco 3.
4 Cocos all connected to DW.... Cocoing couldn't be more fun

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com