[Coco] Coco 1 & 2 differences

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 20:35:17 EDT 2013

speaking of CoHR i made a patch to it. So now it understand OS-9 cursor
codes intead of its very own esc codes. It runs fast because it understands
the cursor on/off codes too. In fact i implemented all os-9 codes.

Now i can run minted on it :) too bad not enough memory is left to run
dynacalc :(

seems most of the people are coco3 and nobody cares for the coco1&2 :'(

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Are there any differences in the VDG chip in the Coco 1 & 2?
> I seem to remember someone comparing these before but can't remember where
> I saw the info. I know there were differences in the serial port use. Are
> there any other differences?
> I have a Coco 1 (26-3003A) "F" board, 64k, and the reason I'm asking is
> that I created a NitrOS-9 boot using the CoHR driver and it won't boot. I
> can switch the CoHR out to the CoVDG and it boots fine. That's why I was
> wondering about the VDG chip.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill Pierce
> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Long live the CoCo