[Coco] Help with I-Code

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Wed May 22 17:24:25 EDT 2013

As some of you know, I have been working on a Basic09 I-Code
disassembler/decompiler/unpacker. While I have had to take time away, I
find now that I can spend a little time on it. I have been thinking about
the problem with TYPE statement data in Basic09 I-Code modules. I think I
can get more information by creating a few test modules that contain
various TYPE statements and keep track of the similarities/differences
between like statements in differing procedures. Hopefully that will reveal
more about how to interpret the data in the modules.

I will likely need help with the testing, since I cannot at this time run
my version of MESS to do the testing with. What I would like to do is work
with a couple of people who can do the packing of the modules and dumping
the I-Code contents to a file to send back to me to unravel. I will be
writing the test procedures blind (from memory and without knowing if I
have made a mistake or not), so some debugging may be required. In those
cases, I will need a listing of the source with corrections. Are there any
takers here? Anyone interested in helping out can email me.

Wayne