[Coco] Simple Coco bus buffer for HW folks

Matthew D Stock stock at csgeeks.org
Sun May 19 19:25:12 EDT 2013

[ I tried sending this before, but I think from the wrong account. Sorry
if this is a dup. ]

I put together a little board to help me with my hardware development,
and I thought that it might help others as well.  It's essentially a
stripped down version of my ROM/device emulator - just the buffer chips
and a pin header breaking out all of the needed stuff.  The header is
compatible with the GPIO header for the Terasic DE1 FPGA dev board, but
obviously it can be used with anything, both 3.3v and 5v, provided that
it can supply the board with 3.3v.

Take a look at the video to see a quick demo using the FPGA as a ROM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttf82tPXUko. Overkill, but you get the idea.

When I have a few minutes I'm going to put the board layout and
schematic up on the web.  I also intend to sell populated board for
those of you who don't like to do fine pitch SMD soldering.  Haven't
finalized a price yet, but I believe it will be around $35.  If you're
interested, send me a note.

I'm still working on the ROM board, but I'm playing around with some
options to make it cheaper and more flexible.
   -Matt