[Coco] RGB2VGA in FPGA, useful?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun May 19 10:18:21 EDT 2013

On 19/05/2013 11:43 PM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> it says digital RGB (RGBI ?), so it wont show all coco3 palette.
>
> If that could be fixed this would be a good solution.

Uggh, I'm not thinking straight at midnight... :(

RGBI is effectively digital video.

For the Coco it would be prohibitively expensive, and you'd need an input
pixel clock. You'd also need an ADC for digitising the RGB inputs (and
they're not trivial to configure either), a DAC for the outputs, 2 power
rails for the FPGA, and some way to power it all.

Regards,