[Coco] BASIC09 - How good is it?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue May 14 15:41:53 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 15:30:33 RJRTTY at aol.com did opine:

> Gene,
> Your typically impressive  1802 video tape dubbing machine is
> a tribute to the dedication you showed to  your job.

It didn't dub, but did edit, on a stock + remote control kit Sony 2850 3/4"
VCR.  So that was about 4 grand worth of stuff built to sub-micron
tolerances that I didn't have to do.

> What is wrong with this country is the way  the other fellows who had
> a competing but inferior machine dealt with the  situation.

Yeah to say their reaction was totally legal driven was very dissapointing.
It was a job that probably another 600 tv stations needed done at the time.
I half expected an offer to at least consult, with a small royalty perhaps,
but no, they ran like a school of fish, taking any evidence of it with
them, and did it over the lunch hour.

> should have done was offer you a generous  offer to buy not just the
> unit but the design.   That  is what  is wrong with this country today.
> Too many spoiled brats who were spoiled as  children raised on gummy
> bears and taught to accept nothing but there way who  are now lawyers.
>
> "It's my design or I am not  interested..."
>
> If it makes you feel any better you have went far  beyond any college
> text book I have ever seen and you are talking to a fellow  who took
> senior and graduate level math courses in college.  Oh and in  case
> your wandering my last GPA was 3.9     How's that  for and endorsement.

I have no clue what I might do on their exams, but certainly no 3.9 GPA,
not at my age.  I do have a diploma though, from the University of Hard
Knocks.  Hanging on the bedroom wall to remind me. :)  I also have a mensa
test laying here, seals still on it that I intend to tackle eventually.

> Of course I did cut a fart in class on day  which makes it all the more
> impressive...    :)
>
> Roy

ROTFLMAO!  Thanks for the flowers, Roy, they are appreciated.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Blore's Razor:
	Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier.
         law-abiding citizens.