[Coco] question about MPI and Orch-90

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Tue May 7 10:53:57 EDT 2013

My $0.02 is -> don't worry too much about which PAL is which, for most
practical purposes the un-upgraded MPI will work with the CoCo 3, it is
just so that properly fixing the PAL logic will make things tidy for use
with the CoCo 3. The details on what is affected and how are somewhere
within this list archives - this matter has been brought up before many
times: once you upgrade the MPI there are a couple of software/hardware
items that won't run if you use that MPI with a CoCo 1 or 2 (without
changing the PALs again).

So, put the other PAL into the socket (mind chip's orientation though) and
PEEK again at it - very likely the previous user/owner changed the PAL to
the original one.

-- RP