[Coco] Multivue enhancements?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat May 4 22:07:05 EDT 2013

On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 06:33:42AM +1000, Nick Marentes wrote:
> Has anyone made a customised version of Multivue with better graphics
> (icons, window borders etc) and a better palette (the 6309 DW version I
> have has a horendous palette and I can't seem to find a good combination)?

There are several different gshells floating around... I prefer an
older version (1.26 IIRC) because I don't care for the 3d-ized icons
in the one distributed with NitrOS.

Window borders are, I believe, defined in the coWIN kernel module.

Setting up a good palette can be tricky.  One thing that can help
however is that GSHELL+ has its own palette entries (GSHPAL0-3).
Unless someone's been hacking on CONTROL when I wasn't looking you'll
have to set those manually in /dd/sys/env.file .

> Thought I'd play around with Multivue and was wondering if it is easy to
> redefine icons and window frame graphics to make it look a bit more
> "respectable".

The icons that aren't ICON.* files are, IIRC, hex blobs in the gshell
source.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA