[Coco] Multivue enhancements?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat May 4 19:39:46 EDT 2013

Nick,
My DW4Man program will soon have a complete OS9 system manager module as soon as I get a little time to finish the code. It already manages most of DriveWire. DW4Mn is a modular system much like MultiVue with the exception that I used text filenames instead of bulky, slow, hard to manage icons. So adding new modules is a matter of adding a menu selection for it and writing the module. My OS9 manager module is about 40% finished and when it's done will be a 1, 2, & 3 keystroke selection to do just about any "standard" OS9 operation like copying files, deleting, moving, renaming, browsing drives (all types) and managing system functions such as color, exc dir, default dir, mouse resolution, mouse type & much more. My screen shows much more info than Multivue. I'm also working on making it mouse controllable as well while staying in the 80 column text screen. I was thinking of using the Multivue graphics system but it's memory constraints make it a bad choice. Also, the whole system setup for multivue didn't help make it user friendly and was part of it's failure.
As far as Multivue is concerned, the version on Bro Jeremy's upgrade disk is much better. There's enhanced fonts and icons as well as a better color system. Most of it should run on NitrOS9 as a lot of the enhancements were included into Nitros9. You just need to import the new fonts, pointer, and patterns as well as the executables.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com