[Coco] CoCo Linux Live CD

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu May 2 10:17:24 EDT 2013

On May 2, 2013, at 6:56 AM, Marc Charbonneau <timebandit001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> if I understand, you would want to have all your disk/rom images
> automagically sync with your Live PC ?
>
> If this is so, I guess the best solution would be to pre-install something
> like Spider Oak (https://spideroak.com/) without configuring it. First time
> you boot your LiveCOCO you could enter your account details and then it
> would sync your files. They offer a free 2GB account. Considering the size
> of a coco disk/rom image, that looks like more than enough.
> Other alternative is Dropbox. I could possibly install both and let people
> choose, or use both and get 4GB.

Yes, that's what I am thinking. Imagine this Live CD booting and giving a few options. One would be to use stuff that comes bundled with the image (Boot to NitrOS-9, PD games, etc.), and another might be to mount a remote repository that can be updated and changed by the host.

But the cool option would be to have a connection to Spider Oak, or Dropbox, or whatever, and the user could authenticate with their account then the Live CD would use that for disk images. "CoCo to Go!"

		-- A