[Coco] The new CoCoFEST! location

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed May 1 10:58:14 EDT 2013

Question: How many conference rooms are there at Heron Point Convention Center?

I couldn't find any details of the 2012/2013 Vintage Computer Festival Midwest on their website (I think it last showed 2010 as the date for MW), but from the Glenside newsletter and postings here, I gather they had one at that location earlier, with a Commodore event held the same weekend there. Are they small shows, or are there more rooms?

Also, someone mentioned that Glenside had a room (?) there during that event. What was attendance like?

Well, you know how if you have one gas station on a corner, it might do well, but if another opens across the street, they do better, and so on? I wonder -- if there is enough room -- if these events couldn't all line up and be held the same weekend.

Imagine what a hotspot of retro activity it would be if there was a CoCo, Commodore, Vintage Computer, etc. event going on at the same time. We could get some curious walk ins from the other events, from folks who might never have gone to a CoCoFEST! alone, and it would be an even more attractive place for retro enthusiasts to go.

Plus, I would love to be able to check out what the other guys have been up to these past 30 years.

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my iPad.