[Coco] SSC

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Wed May 1 13:16:26 EDT 2013

Many of my CoCo games did use the Speech Sound Pak.  But its been more
than 25 years ago and I don't have a complete game list nor excess to
the code that wrote back then.

As for information, it used the same sound generator chip as the Vectrex
and lot of Arcade systems back then.  The General Instrument AY-3-8910
(Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Instrument_AY-3-8910)
is a three voice chip is easy to program and lot in cost.  (I even
design a Dual Chip (Stereo) unit for a the TRS-80 model 1&3.)

As for the Speech side the cart, I never did much with it.

Steve