[Coco] Nick M and gaming alternatives

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed May 1 10:15:19 EDT 2013

Nick, could you share with us a bit about that PIC BASIC computer thing you have been working with?

The reason I bring this up is because of an Arduino add-on I found out about. It seems some folks had a successful Kickstarter to get this "Game Shield" created which attaches to an Arduino, then lets it hook up to a TV with graphics, sprites and sounds. It's really cheap, too, as in $50 or so. It's kind of like some of the ideas being discussed here with add-on graphics hardware.

Today, it would be trivial to create something like that which attaches to a CoCo. And I think Nick offers for sale some item he wrote for this PIC BASIC thing.

How big is that market, Nick? As a former CoCo developer, what would get you interested in doing another CoCo program?

-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my iPad.