[Coco] CoCo Ethernet

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Mar 27 11:43:23 EDT 2013

What functionality would you want to see in a CoCo Ethernet adapter to make it worthwhile?

It looks like basic TCP socket stuff is a given -- connect to a port, then read/write data. This would allow simple retrieval of web server files. You would basically do this:

configure connection (IP address).
connect
print "GET /index.html"
then loop, reading the returned data

Server side operations are available too, so a CoCo could start listening on a port, and when someone connects, data could be read/written to the connecting system. Two CoCos could connect and talk this way, or a Mac/Linux/PC/iPhone could connect to the CoCo remotely.

However, it seems we would want to be able to use FTP to get/put files, and have the ability to telnet, etc.

I would *really* like to see the ability to act as a simple mail client too.

I will probably create a page at CoCopedia.com and maybe we can use that wiki page to spec out what we would like.
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my iPad.