[Coco] Shipping with UPS was ReCoCo-X is funding

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Mar 27 07:56:33 EDT 2013

On Mar 26, 2013, at 10:01 PM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar <glenvdb at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My point is you are just killing sales, because you can't be bothered to look at shipping through Paypal (as an example). I love shipping through Paypal, they handle everything, I just have to put in the box dimensions, weight and choose shipping service and Paypal does everything else, and I get a small discount from the regular Post office trip.

I'm 100% with you on that. I have been selling on e-Bay since 1999, and yes, I ship "through PayPal" which is USPS or UPS. But, USPS has lost two packages I have sent so far, and had a few others go "missing" only to show up months later after I returned payment. (I am still waiting on the recent one lost.) I don't know what happened -- I used to use them with no problems but the past few years, not so much. (I must not be the only one with such experience -- in sales I did a month or so ago, I ran in to someone insisting I not use USPS for that reason.)

USPS International Priority Mail was my method of choice for sending out discs. I still have about 20 International Priority Mail envelopes on my shelf next to me from before I stopped sending International.

Everyone has to decide what is worth their time and effort. I do not think there is anyone that wouldn't agree with you that selling to "anyone, anywhere" can provide more sales than just selling to, say, Iowa. I just certainly understand why someone might not want to deal with international shipping these days.
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com - And check out the CoCo-X project: http://kck.st/16fAwkf