[Coco] Shipping with UPS was ReCoCo-X is funding

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Mar 27 08:00:37 EDT 2013

On Mar 26, 2013, at 10:38 PM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar <glenvdb at hotmail.com> wrote:
> .Again, taking off the "Rose colored" glasses, I fail to see any point or need for this project: and here is why:-other than VGA, it offers no real improvement over a stock CoCo 3.

True. Most folks think we are nuts doing ANYTHING with a 1980s 8-bit computer, real or emulated or recreated.

The CoCo 3 itself was a product that many CoCoists didn't move to from their CoCo 2, so that's certainly a valid statement. For those that are interested, hopefully it will get funded and made. For those who aren't interested, maybe it will inspire someone to do another variation.

After seeing the CoCo FGPA running at a Fest a few years ago, it was something I wanted, but I have always felt that to me, there was much to be said about being able to use actual CoCo hardware. Otherwise, why not just run an emulator?

This is a "put your money where your mouth is" situation. We will know in a month if there is enough reason to do it.
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com - And check out the CoCo-X project: http://kck.st/16fAwkf