[Coco] Shipping with UPS was ReCoCo-X is funding

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 23:38:34 EDT 2013

JP,I get parcels in almost daily through Canada Post fron UPS. I have not seen a Custom's Fee since last summer, so if it has gone up to $10, I have not seen in.>Also, Canada Post (via USPS) now charges a $10 customs handling fee on >any item valued higher than $20 in addition to the tax/duty owing.
But my original point is that id someone from outside the USA see this kickstarter project, it's a sure bet, that they will pass on it. I hate to play the devil's advocate, but if you stop looking at this through rose-colored glasses, you will see that other than "supporting a CoCo project" there is no real incentive what so ever to donate to this cause.
-Sure, we all need to "keep the CoCo alive" but there are way better ways that this.Again, taking off the "Rose colored" glasses, I fail to see any point or need for this project: and here is why:-other than VGA, it offers no real improvement over a stock CoCo 3. it doesn't have any upgrades that you can't buy 3 party for cheaper that this board.-it doesn't have any storage to replace the floppy drives or add a hard drive, so legacy applications are out unless you have it connected to a PC.-You can buy at least 2 of not 3 "Real" CoCo 3's for the price of this board. Maybe 20-30 years from now, when all the real hardware has died, this will be a viable alternative.- Heck, for the price of this board, you can get a darn near complete set -up from Cloud 9- with real hardware, that works with all coco stuff.-one assumes you already have a CoCo 3 to put this board in, so unless it's dead, why deviate to a crippled system?.- A real CoCo 3 will far outlast this system anyway. Hardware is just that "Cheap" and low quality.So, why on earth (other than to keep the spirit alive) would anyone NOT from the USA, and NOT on this list even consider pledging money for this.-this is just my 2 cents- I think it's a great "Start", and I wish you all the best with it.