[Coco] CoCo-X is funding

Gary Becker Gary_L_Becker at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 14:20:06 EDT 2013

Now is the time to show your support for the next generation of Tandy Color Computer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/854038380/coco-x-the-next-generation-of-tandy-color-computer

I have been monitoring this list for approximately 7 years. The idea of a CoCo 4 has been brought up numerous times. Now it can actually be realized. I do understand everyone has their idea as to what they think the next generation should be and the "basic" CoCo-X does not include most features that people want. But it does give a modern programmable platform that can be used as a starting place for the future. The CoCo-X will include the standard expansion port where you can plug in any existing hardware including a Multi-Pak. Internally, there will expansion capabilities that can be utilized to add new functions you have not even thought about yet.

But we have to get started now. Remember KickStarter is an all or nothing type of place. If we do not get enough backers, then no one will be charged and no hardware will be built. The KickStarter funding process only lasts for 30 days. And it starts today. Time to show you support.

Gary Becker